If you’re on face book you will have received this sort of things, you get tagged by a friend and asked to give a list of something; usually I pay no attention, but today my son sent me this:
Rules: In your status line, list 10 books that have stayed with you in some way. Don’t take more than a few minutes and don’t think too hard – they don’t have to be the “right” or “great” works, just the ones that have touched you. Tag 10 friends, including me, so I’ll see your list.
- Tinker, Tailor, Soldier Spy – John le Carré
- The Triffids – John Wyndham
- Wuthering Heights – Emily Brontë
- Game of Thrones – George R.R. Martin
- Whispers Underground – Ben Aaronovitch
- Miss Smilla’s Feeling For Snow – Peter Hoeg
- Treasure Island – Robert Louis Stevenson
- Catch 22 – Joseph Heller
- Winnie-the-Pooh – A.A. Milne
- Daybreak – Viktor Arnar Ingólfsson
I didn’t think hard, I just wrote down whatever came into my mind! So this isn’t a list of the best book I’ve eve read, but maybe they are my favourites; however no doubt I will think of half a dozen more I should have put on the list!