Sloe gin update…

The sloe gin has been tried! The flavour is good… but not quite as intense as I’d hoped; I think there needs to be a fraction more sugar… and I noticed that we’d only used 35% gin… oops… I think with an extra few % it would have made a big difference.

On the other hand, the marmalade gin, made with our own ‘barmalade’,  made by my husband Bari, is fab! That definitely is the winner… we tried the cherry gin… hmm, rather strange… either the cherries were not ripe enough, or there was not enough sugar, or it was the wrong sort of gin – we used Geneva for this. Still to go… mixed fruit from 1996, raspberry from 2012, and something with a blurry label… could be almost anything, but fruit of some description!

OK, back to the testing… It’s a hard life…

4 Comments

    1. Lois

      Thanks! I’d like to try doing a spiced liqueur some time… using some of the spices that might be used in a curry… so like cardamom, coriander seeds, fenugreek, kilonji… I just think that might be rather interesting… oh and some chilli of course!

      Like

      1. Lois

        I think it must be the proportion of spices… not too much of any particular one… I’m not keen on a strong cinnamon flavour, but balanced with other spices it gives a lovely warmth!

        Like

Leave a Reply

Fill in your details below or click an icon to log in:

WordPress.com Logo

You are commenting using your WordPress.com account. Log Out /  Change )

Twitter picture

You are commenting using your Twitter account. Log Out /  Change )

Facebook photo

You are commenting using your Facebook account. Log Out /  Change )

Connecting to %s

This site uses Akismet to reduce spam. Learn how your comment data is processed.