Yesterday we did something different and went to the small town of Axbridge, to a pub called the Lamb. As I mentioned, we had very fine beer and wine, and there was a quiz in progress; we were too late to join in but we listened to the questions and answered them quietly between ourselves. It was a different quiz from the one we are used to – and two rounds seemed really fun. One was a round in which the last letter of the answer of one question was the first letter of the answer to the next! The other was a round where all the answers contained the word ‘hat’!
Just for fun, I gave you ten questions, last letter/first letter and here are the answers :
- What is the capital of Tibet? (The last letter of your answer will be the first letter of answer number 2) Lhasa
- What is the range of mountains running down the west coast of South America? Andes
- What spice comes from crocus flower? Saffron
- What was the name of Captain Nemo’s submarine? Nautilus
- Which film actor starred in Goodfellas , Jungle Fever, Patriot Games and has the initial ‘L’ in his name? Samuel L. Jackson
- Which East Anglian football team has as a director Delia Smith? Norwich (City F.C.)
- In which Yorkshire town could you find the Piece Hall? Halifax
- A warrior princess – Xena
- Abercrombie and Fitch
- The surname of the author of Middlemarch – Eliot
… and here are ten more questions, each answer contains the word ‘hat’ – warning, they are quite tricky!
- Which city in southeastern Tennessee is famous for a song about its railways?
- Which avian is “a plump bird about the size of a great tit that resembles a small woodpecker. It is blue-grey above and whitish below, with chestnut on its sides and under its tail. It has a black stripe on its head, a long black pointed bill and short legs. It breeds throughout England and Wales and has recently began to breed in southern Scotland”?
- What roof covering is made from reeds or straw?
- Which French word meaning castle is associated with wine?
- What is the common name for is a salt of sulphuric acid?
- Which is the most densely populated of New York City’s five boroughs?
- What type of glass is used in vehicles as it won’t break into dangerous pieces?
- What’s another name for a thingummyjig?
- Which English poet, described as having precocious talents and by Wordsworth as ‘the marvellous boy‘, lived 1752 – 1770?
- Which Westlife song featured Boyzone?