Tonight, for a change, we have to organise the pub quiz – not the bingo quiz at the Dolphin but the straightforward quiz at the New Inn in the village of Kewstoke. The first round is all about Kewstoke, Weston-super-Mare and Somerset, the second round is media and music.
How many can you answer?
- Name two of the six main characters from the TV series ‘Friends’
- Which now famous actress was Curly Watts girlfriend Raquel in Coronation Street?
- Who sings ‘Shotgun’?
- In which Somerset town was ‘Hot Fuzz’ mostly filmed?
- Which long-running TV series is set in Springfield?
- Which actress played the part of Sally Bowles in Cabaret?
- What part did the late actor Lesley Grantham play in Eastenders?
- In what year did Frank Sinatra die? Answers within two years, 1 point, correct answer 2 points
- Which composer’s symphony #8 was unfinished?
- What is the world’s longest running radio soap opera?
- Who sang ‘Time of my life’ aka ‘I’ve had the time of my life’? I point for each
- Who presented the radio show ‘Pick of the Pops’ from 1961-2000?
- Which actor starred in ‘The Cincinnati Kid’, ‘The Sand Pebbles’ and ‘Bullett’?
- Which two actors played Barbara and Tom Good in ‘The Good Life’? 1 point for each
- What is the Beatles biggest selling album?
- Where was Ariana Grande born?