I was looking through some old posts and came across something I wrote a year ago today which gave me an idea about something I might repeat… making muffins, and muffins using courgettes. They are one of my favourite things, but I am the only one in the family who likes them. In our veg box this week we had a couple… maybe i could use one of them and make something the family would like:
This is what I wrote last year: I fancy doing some baking tomorrow, maybe I’ll make these…
Wholemeal courgette muffins
- 9 oz wholemeal flour
- 4 ½ oz self-raising flour 4 ½ oz
- 1 ½ tsp mixed spice or allspice
- ¼ tsp salt
- 2 eggs
- 7oz cup sugar
- 1½ tsp vanilla essence
- 7 ½ oz vegetable oil
- 5 oz grated courgettes
- 3 oz chocolate chips.
- preheat oven to 350°F, 180°C, gas mark 4 and grease muffin tins (enough for 14 muffins)
- mix all the dry ingredients except the sugar and choc chips
- beat eggs, sugar, vanilla and vegetable oil together
- stir into dry ingredients and add the courgette
- add chocolate chips and stir well but do not over mix.
- put into prepared muffin tins and bake for 20-25 minutes
- cool on a rack – if you can resist
They are very nice on their own but you can make a lemon icing or frosting – or eat with cream!