As it heads towards the end of the year, I’m looking forward to finding out what names have been popular for children in 2019… this is what was trending four years ago:
I’m fascinated by names, I always have been, but now I wrote I research names for my characters really carefully. I’m always interested in statistics about trends and fashions, and so was very interested when a full list of names given to babies last year (2015) was published by the National Records of Scotland. The most popular names for girls and boys were Emily and Jack… however…
- There are six boys named Loki
- one child called Thor
- one boy named Remus
- a girl has been named Khaleesi from the character in ‘A Game of Thrones’
- a girl called Shakira and another named Paloma,
- two boys were called Axl
- other girls were named December-Lee, Texas, Wolf and Diamond, and two were called Briar-Rose
- there were boys named Sonnyboy, Tennessee and Testimony
- the year after the independence referendum in Scotland, one boy and four girls were named Indy, twenty-three girls were called Indie and another six Indi
- there was a boy named Corbyn
- boys were called London and Lomond
- girls were named Paris.
- there was one girl called Surely, one called Avana-Solaris, one Awesome and one Bliss.
- girls names included Forest, Fox, Pebbles and Rogue
- one girl was named Mercedes and another Porsche.
- a girl was named Snow and one Sunshine.
- four girls were called Sunny
- one boy was called Bowie, four Ziggy
- six boys were named Buddy
- there was one Bully.
- and other names include Journey, Karma, Lazarus, Peace, Panache, Pepper, Winter and Wisdom
Find out more here: