Quiz night tonight and we did really well… but not well enough! In the first round we got 20/25, in the second we got 21/25 – and we were beaten by one point in each round! it matters not! We were in good company with our friends the Boltons (they come from Bolton) and we were in the best pub in the world, the Dolphin. We’ll be back again next week, hoping for a better result!
here are ten sample questions…
- Who voiced the part of the cat in Hector’s House
- Which Oscar-winning English actor was the villain in ‘Die Hard III’?
- How many times is the word ‘kiss’ used in Jane Austen novels?
- Which Irish band was the first to have five No 1 hit singles in the UK?
- Which country’s flag is also known as the saltire?
- In which sitcom did Cat Steven’s song ‘Tea for the tiller-man’ play over the closing credits?
- Who won Channel 4’s ‘The Jump’ in 2014?
- In which country does the football team Ajax play?
- Which monarch has the most streets named after her?
- What did Captain Cook describe as a wooden sword when he first reached Australia?
…and here are the answers:
- Joanna Lumley
- Jeremy Irons
- Joey Essex
- The Netherlands