There is nothing quite as nice as eating with company who you love. several years ago we were with dear cousins and a delicious meal was made with a nice long cooking time which allowed us to go to the very nice pub in the very nice village they live in. we just strolled down late afternoon on a warm summer’s day, had a couple of very nice pints, then strolled back through the dusk. The door was opened and we were greeted by enticing aromas.
Sitting round the table, we ate, we laughed, we reminisced, we had a glass or two of beer, and then all was eaten including the bananas cooked in their skins and served with rum and a dollop of ice-cream, we went for another stroll round the village by the light of the stars.
Mr Elsden’s Rendang
- rendang paste
- 1 onion finely sliced
- 2 tomatoes finely sliced
- 500 – 700 grams thin beef
- 400 ml coconut milk
- 150 ml cheap red wine
- 3 tbsps olive oil
- fry onions and tomatoes until soft
- add rendang paste and fry for 2 mins
- add meat and fry until brown
- add wine
- add coconut milk
- simmer for 2 – 2 1/2 hours
- reduce to a thick paste, stirring
- eat and enjoy – with rice or chapatis or whatever you fancy!
- oh and with beer,plenty of beer