I’ve been sharing the quiz I wrote for a local pub. The person who runs the quiz, i.e. me on this occasion, donates the proceeds to a favourite charity. I chose the Cheshire Homes – a very worthy organisation who gives homes to people with various disabilities. It was started by Leonard Cheshire, a Victoria Cross decorated RAF officer who founded what was originally a home for disabled and wounded ex-servicemen in 1948. His foundation became a world-wide charity giving new life and hope to many people. My sister is a resident in one of these homes and so I was pleased to donate the winnings to Leonard Cheshire Disability as it in now called.
Here are the answers to round 5:
Slogans and adverts
- Just do it. … Nike
- Finger lickin’ good … KFC
- Melts in your mouth not in your hand. … M & Ms
- Think Different… Apple
- It’s the real thing. … Coca Cola
- A Diamond is forever. … De Beers
- They’re G-r-r-r-eat! Frosties
- Refreshes the parts other beers cannot reach Heineken
- Good things come to those who wait Guinness
- Every little helps Tesco
- It does exactly what it says on the tin Ronseal
- I’m lovin’ it McDonalds
- It’s good to talk BT
- Probably the best lager … in the world Carlsberg
- “Vorsprung durch technik” Audi
… and round 6:
Food and drink
- Which nuts are used in marzipan?
- Where would you be if you were eating al fresco?
- What is a Worcester Pearmain?
- Which cheese is traditionally used for pizzas?
- Which country is the original producer of Emmental cheese?
- Which Norfolk city is famous for mustard? Dijon
- What is the name of the pan in which a paella is made?
- What is the Hungarian word for pepper?
- In which county is Wensleydale cheese made?
- What colour is the French wine Beaujolais?
- Which alcoholic drink is made from the cactus agave?
- From which country does the beer Stella Artois originate?
- What is the main spirit used in a Singapore Sling, and for a bonus which liqueur is also an ingredient?
- What is Japanese sake made from?
- What is bottled in the French town Vichy?
- Which soft drink was originally called Vim Tonic, and for a bonus, in which Lancastrian city is it brewed?
- With which fruit do you traditionally drink Corona Mexican beer?
- If you were drinking a cup of Oolong, what would you be drinking?
Here’s a link to the Cheshire Homes organisation:
My featured image is looking down the drive from St Michael’s Cheshire Home where my sister lives